Thursday 20 June 2013

Beauty Blog Swap with A Little Personal Shopper!

 
 
Hey guys!
 
A couple of weeks ago I found out that Kat from 'Tales of a pale face' was organising a blog spot and didn't hesitate to join it. I've wanted to do a blog swap for a while now so this was the perfect opportunity! I was paired up with Verity from 'A little Personal Shopper' and I had so much fun talking to her about what kind of things we liked, we also found a mutual love of orange lipstick! The price we set for this swap was around £30, not including postage.
 
 
We both sent out or Parcels yesterday and mine arrived today, I nearly jumped on the postman when it arrived, I got a little bit excited and may have possibly scared him... just a little. I opened it up to find a card and individually wrapped gifts, I was under instructions to open the letter first, so that is what I did!
 
I tried to read this from the left page and was very confused for at least five minutes until I realised the writing started on the right. I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. I loved all of the little notes, and she also wished me a happy birthday which was very very sweet!
Onto the gifts!
 
 
First off, I love everything I received, I want to say a huge thank you to Verity for being so amazing at present finding and also thanks to Kat for organising the whole thing! As you can see I received 6 things in my package and I am so excited to use and review everything!
 
I forgot to photograph the items in the order I was told to open them, apologies, I was just too impatient to wait because I wanted to use them right away and the idea slipped my mind!


 
The first thing I was told to open was the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze', I do already have one but I was very happy to see another one, Verity told me it was her favourite eyeshadow and I really have to agree with her, I adore the colour and I use it pretty much everyday! So another one in the collection won't go wrong!
 
When I opened the Bourjois chocolate bronzer I was very excited! I'm had my eye on it a while but for some reason never picked it up, I love that she took into account my pale skin when buying this and I'm looking forward to testing it out. I just love that it looks like chocolate!
 
Next is the Maybelline Falsies Flared mascara, I tried the original falsies when it was released and really liked it, so I'm intrigued to see how much I enjoy this one.
 

 
This Palette was number 4 on her list and she wrote that 'it might be good on the go', she also wrote that I might want to swap the eyeshadow but I really really love every single component of this. I love the idea that she picked out every component to make this up, there's two eyeshadows, a blush and a bronzer, I love it so much. I  don't really use black eyeshadow all that often, but I'm willing to give it a try, it's possibly the prettiest shadow I've ever seen.


 
Last but not least are two lipsticks, and surprisingly she got me two that I don't have already, I swear my collection is bigger than the amount they stock in Boots. The first one is Sleeks 'Tangerine Scream' which is a super bright orange, it's been on my list forever now but It's never available in my local Superdrug so when I opened the package I actually squealed, I'm pretty sure it's going to become a firm summer favourite. The very last product was the Rimmel 'Kate' lipstick in shade number 13, it's a pinky colour, verging on red, it's really gorgeous too!
 
I'm so happy Verity was my partner, she really managed to pick products that I know I will love and I'm really very grateful.  I will speak to you all very soon!
 
If anyone wants to ever do a swap just drop me a comment or email and I'll get back to you!
 
Amy x
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a good swap experience too! You got a great selection of things! :) xx

    ReplyDelete