Wednesday 10 April 2013

Maybelline Colour Tattoo: Light In Purple!

 
Hey hi hello!
 
I have expressed my love for the Maybelline Colour tattoos quite a few times over the course of the last couple of months and when I found out they had brought out a couple more shades I went on a hunt in Boots. A woman on a mission is what I was at the time. The shade that really caught my eye was 'light in Purple' which is a lovely looking purple with loads of blue shimmer.
 
 
 
I attempted to get the camera to pick up the colour properly but it seems pretty impossible, these pictures are the closet I got. To me, in person, it seems as though there is loads and loads of blue shimmer so in pretty much every light it looks blue, which I personally adore!
 
I haven't really used this many times yet but I think it's a truly amazing colour. One thing I have however noticed is that it seems slightly less pigmented than the other colours in the same range so you have to pack more onto the lid, it isn't a massive deal though.
 
 
This is one look I created with the shadow, I put a light brown over the top of the Maybelline colour, I was experimenting really to see how wearable the colour was, truthfully I really liked the way it turned out! In certain lights the blue and purple were visible and very glittery but it was very toned down compared to wearing the colour on it's own.
 
Overall I'm not sure how often I'll use this shadow, I think it may be better for a night out or something where I move out of my comfort zone a little and be more open to less neutral eye shadow colours!
 
Side note: How adorable is that daisy chain necklace. In love with it! :P
 
Amy x
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment