Thursday 30 May 2013

These are a few of my favourite things: May!

 
Hey guys!
 
I know everyone is saying this, but where the hell did May go? Seriously? The fact that I turn 21 in just over a month is scaring me, but June is going to be amazing with lots of fun things happening! Let's not get too ahead of ourselves though, first I have to talk about the things I've been loving this month, this post is going to be picture heavy, because, let's be honest, there's been a few.
 
Last month I didn't do a post like this because I hadn't been trying anything new, but all of that has changed this month and I seem to have over compensated.
 
 
 

 
Gosh BB Cream
 
If you've been reading my blog for a while you probably know I've had troubles finding foundation that is pale enough for my skin and I think I've finally found a one that is perfect! The gosh BB cream claims to be an 'all-in-one' product that is a foundation, primer and moisturizer at the same time, I don't think it quite works like that, I still moisturize and prime before using it, but as a light coverage foundation I really enjoy it.
 
It seems to get rid of redness pretty well, it doesn't have much coverage at all but it is fairly buildable, my skin isn't too bad though so I really quite like it. Overall I think this is a good product for those who are pale or don't need much coverage, it's a good price but the product is a lot smaller than other foundations.
 
 
Rimmel Blush -Santa Rose
 
This blusher is one I bought ages ago and then misplaced somewhere in my drawer which saddened me greatly because I loved it, I found it again in the back of my drawer though and fell in love again. It's almost a terracotta colour with shimmer in it, the glitter isn't really visible on the skin though, which I like. It's the perfect colour, somewhere between a bronzer, contour and blush on my skin and it really just gives a lovely wash of colour without being too 'out there'.
 
 
Avene Eau Thermale Spring Water
 
I noticed this on a website somewhere and quite liked the sound of it, when I was wandering around boots I noticed that it was sold there and decided to pick up this mini size. Basically it's a spray that is meant to sooth, rid of irritation and set make-up,  it also says you can use it on things such as burns, redness, after hair removal and simply just to freshen up.
 
I'm not sure about it setting make-up but it does get rid of some redness on my face and it's amazing at waking me up and just feeling fresh. It's really cold on the face but in a good way and I just love it!
 
 
L'Oreal False lash telescopic Mascara
 
I bought this mascara for a bargain price of £4 at the beginning of the month and it honestly the best mascara I've tried in a long while. I'm not usually a fan of high-street mascara's for some reason but this one is amazing!
It's not massively volumizing but it lengthens like no other, it holds a curl pretty well and is overall a great product. I don't really have much to say apart from that it's freaking brilliant!
 
 
Benefit 'The Porefessional' primer
 
I've been wanting to try this for a while, but I didn't want to fork out the twenty-something pounds to buy it, just in case I didn't like it. In boots though I found a little box of three benefit samples and this was one of them.
 
I really like this product so far, it does reduce the size of pores, or it looks as though it does, I'm not sure if I'll purchase the full size though. It's a good primer, it feels very nice of the skin, it's silicone base and seems to even out skintone too, but I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag.
 
I'm going to keep testing it out and see if I should use my next pay to buy this, but I think I'll possibly stick with my Nivea or MUA ones for now.
 
 
 
 
Finally my phone case! It's a sloth, but it's King Kong. A SLOTH. KING SLOTH.
 
I am also in love with that nail Varnish which is Models Own - Luis Lemon, it's totally neon yellow and I haven't worn anything else since I bought it.
 
What have you guys been liking this month?
 
Amy x

2 comments:

  1. i am in love with your phone case. it is just wonderful.
    i really want to try out the gosh BB cream, i have crazily pale skin too and always struggle to find foundation!

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    katy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though! A sloth is the animal form of my, also my spirit animal :P

      All of the Gosh foundations come in pretty pale shades, for good prices too! I would really recommend them :D X

      Delete