Friday 17 May 2013

Sleek LipCubed Palettes!

Hey guys!

A few weeks ago I was stalking Facebook, as I do pretty much everyday, and I noticed Sleek Make-up advertising some new Lip Palettes and the colours looked right up my street! And so I went into Superdrug on a mission to find them but they didn't have the ones I wanted, I travelled over to the MetroCentre and I got my hands on two of the ones I had my eye on!
 
The palettes are made up of four different lip colours and the packaging describes them as "a colour-rich lipstick quad with 3 different formulations to create a variety of looks".  It is a "palette of four highly pigmented lipsticks with Matte, Gloss and satin finishes".
 
 
 
 
The first one I picked up was the 'showgirl' palette with different purple and pink lip colours, I've used it a few times since buying it and holy moly, it is amazing. I'm very into bright pinks and purples this season, along with bright oranges, and this just ticks all of the boxes.
 
My favourite colours are 'Jewel' and 'Vegas', which are both fairly bright pink colours, I think they're both matte shades too. It's also tried the gloss colour, which is the darkest in the palette, and it has surprisingly good colour payoff and lasting power, I'm very impressed.
 

 
Going back to my love of orange, the next Palette I purchased was 'Siren', which was the one I wanted so desperately when the products were announced. It is again made up of Matte, Satin and Gloss shades but this time they're all orange based colours and I am head over heels in love. This picture is a much more accurate representation of what they look like in real life, there's a bright orange, a peach, a coral pink and an orange based red and they're all very wearable shades for the summer months.
 
I haven't used this Palette yet but the bright orange colour looks amazing and I think I'll use it a lot. I love the fact they all come with a handy lipstick brush and huge mirror. They're fairly small in size and light weight which makes them perfect for travelling. I'm travelling quite a lot this summer and I just know that these are going to feature.
 
I'm going back to Superdrug tomorrow to see what other variations they have in stock, I can see where all of my Payday money is going!
 
What do you guys think of these? Are you going to have a mooch?
 
I highly recommend them, great colours, great lasting power, great price!
 
Amy x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment