Thursday 14 February 2013

 
Hey hi hello!
 
Today I figured I'd do this tag, I'll be stealing/borrowing pictures from the boots or superdrug websites because my camera lead has gone walk-about and I know I'm going to find it somewhere really dumb in the next few days. I really like this tag, as some-one who basically buys all of her make-up from the highstreet, i find it interesting to see what products people are loving.
 
 
1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?
 
 
Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Revlon. For sure. Lately their new releases have been amazing, I love their foundation, lipsticks, eyeliners. Pretty much everything they release I want to own. I have to say Rimmel are also a pretty amazing brand.
 
2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?
 

 
First up, Revlon colourstay foundation. I love this foundation for the colour more than anything, it's the only foundation I've found that perfectly matches my paler than pale skin.  I tend to mix it with some moisturiser to make it more lightweight but apart from that I love it.
 
 
 
Cheek product has to be, hands down, the rimmel blush in Santa Rose, also a favourite of the amazing Essie Button. It's the perfect colour for me, I don't like anything overly bright or pink on the cheeks. It doesn't have much shimmer at all which I love. I use it with a light touch up the hceek bones to contour slightly. I love love love it!
 
 
Lip product wise I couldn't pinpoint the exact colour, so I went for a brand. Again it's revlon. The lipsticks last a nice amount of time and there are an amazing range of colours for a decent price. I love the colours 'Cherries in the Snow' and 'Abstract Orange'.
 
 
3. Least favorite product?
 
The MUA 3 in 1 products. They looked so promising with amazing colours and for a great price. They are useless, they last a whole two seconds before rubbing off. Even for £1 they are not worth paying for at all.
 
4. What is the best makeup bargain?
 
5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
 
For these two questions the answer is the exact same. The MUA eyeshadow primer which is £2.50.  It is honestly my favourite product in the entire world and I don't go a day without using it. I have oily lids and honesty, using this the eyeshadow barely budges. It has been compared to the Urban Decay primer potion, and honestly I wouldn't fork out the money to buy that when I have this glorious item.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
I think the No7 range in general is overpriced, I only ever buy from them unless I have a boots voucher. Also, despite my love for it, I also think the revlon foundation is overpriced.
 
 
7. Show your best drugstore dupe?
 
As previously mentioned the MUA and Urban decay primers are both meant to be very good, but one is over £15 more expensive than the other.
 
I would also say that the Sleek Respect Palette has four or five very similar colours to the Naked Basics Palette from Urban Decay.
 
8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
I'm not keen on the Revlon Lip Butters, I prefer a much more solid wash of colour so the lip butters just aren't for me. I find the colours wash off the lips pretty quickly too. That's just personal preference though.
 
 
 
Have you guys tried any of these products? What do you think?
 
Amy xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment